Wikinotícias:Instructions for International Contributers
Be an international correspondent of Wikinoticias!
To participate you don't need to be a proficient Portuguese speaker (although we it would be prefer it if you were). All you have to do is follow the instructions below.
Enter your headline here to start a new article
- Write your article as you would do in Wikinews English Edition. Don't forget the sources and respect the Wikinews' usual rules.
- When you write avoid complex constructions. Be direct, avoid passive voice and slang. The important thing is: your text should be understandable. The text's beauty comes in 2nd place.
- Find an translator tool. There are several free translators in internert. I recommed this translator because it already has showed good results. Translate both the title and the body of your article. The sources section doesn't need to be translated and all you have to do is to copy and paste. Do the same with: "date" or "dateline". Regarding the "categories": see the note below.
- Type a headline in the box above, then click "Create article", and copy your translated article.
Visit the International Contribution page and see the status of your article. Right there you will find a grade for your translation effort.
About the categories
You dont need to translate all your categories but if you want to do so you can use the following:
- Category = Categoria
- Published = Publicado
- Politics and conflicts = Política e conflitos
- Culture and entertainment = Cultura e entretenimento
- Crime and law = Justiça
- Obituaries = Obituário
- Science and technology = Ciência e tecnologia
- Disasters and accidents = Desastres e acidentes
- Sports = Desporto
- Environment = Meio-ambiente
- Health= Saúde
- Wackynews = Notícias loucas
After you contributing
Within 7 days your article will be put for "clean up". If nobody from the Wikinews Portuguese Edition edit your article, then it will be marked as abandoned. Abandoned articles can be deleted after 3 days.
The publication depends on the availablity of other colaborators from Wikinews Portuguese Edition. We can't guarantee that your text will be published, even the we we hope it will.
There are no guarantees that after publishing your text will be an exact translation of your contribution because anyone can edit your article afterwards (as already happens in Wikinews). Besides, sometimes even the translator have to contextualize certain facts that are not so evident for local community.
You are free to edit your article after it have been published. However all of your contributions must be done in good Portuguese. If not please ask at the talk page for the changes to be made in fluent Portuguese.
Any doubts, contact our International Team.